My kid’s absolutely love Mo Willems, and especially Elephant & Piggie, so here is a fabulous Elephant & Piggie Lesson Plan!!! Be sure to share a photo of your drawing or of any of the other activities on Facebook, along with a link back to this page or to our Facebook Group and Facebook Page, so that we can see it too! If you want to find more books by the amazing author of Elephant & Piggie, Mo Willems, here is a link to all of his books: https://amzn.to/3dahLr3 Also, this HUGE Elephant & Piggie Workbook got rave reviews in our Facebook Group yesterday for keeping kids busy for long periods of time (definitely added that to your cart!).
Math: Elephant & Piggie Free Math Worksheets
- Here are some super cute (and FREE!) Elephant & Piggie math worksheets: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Elephant-and-Piggie-I-AM-INVITED-TO-A-PARTY-Math-Integration-CCSS-Aligned-4511783
- Next, work on mastering your 100’s table with this great puzzle: https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Book-Character-Hundreds-Charts-1-120-5187043
- Are you in 2nd Grade? Or do you need more advanced math worksheets? These Elephant & Piggie worksheets are calling your name: https://www.edhelper.com/math-puzzles-for-grade-2-March2020.pdf
READING: Elephant & Piggie’s Today I Will Fly
For the reading component of this Elephant & Piggie lesson plan, there is both a short and a long option!
- The shorter reading option is to read (or watch) Elephant & Piggie’s Today I Will Fly Read-Aloud here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjlTKFh7ZKo&t=28s
- OR the longer option is to watch the entire Elephant & Piggie Playlist! You know you want to!!! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LjlTKFh7ZKo&list=PLtiuYlmzh7nFU3aDrDx7G20rpoPYtiXki
WRITING: Elephant & Piggie Mad Libs & DIY Book
- What could be more fun than doing an Elephant & Piggie Mad Libs?! https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwX3Jvw7OfWdUWI5UXV5SWZ1eUk/edit
- Does Mo Willems inspire your little on to be an author? Well, you are in luck, you can make your own DIY Elephant & Piggie book. https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/FREE-Should-WE-Share-Our-Ice-Cream-A-Class-Book-772486
EXERCISE: GoNoodle’s Indoor Recess Empire Kitty Wipeout
Let’s get all of that energy out with Go Noodle’s “Indoor Recess Empire Kitty Wipeout” here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=56Frrt4cCXQ
ART: How to Draw Elephant & Piggie
We have several options here, depending on how elaborate of an Elephant and Piggie art project you feel like doing today!
- The simplest art lesson is to just draw Piggie: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1G6bi3d7E80
- If you are feeling super ambitious, draw Piggie & Gerald https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYNIyBM_xKc&app=desktop&fbclid=IwAR3G1D0OESABblXnJ2db_NkX_-oIt6py5KACNtMkw2d4EPjcBOtl0_3W56Y
- Can’t get enough? Watch Mo Willems (the author of Elephant and Piggie!) draw in this video: https://youtu.be/MjaYnyCJDdU
I’ve purposefully added a lot of options for parents who need to keep their kiddos occupied for more time and to allow you to cater to your children’s preferences. I can’t wait to hear about what you do!!!