Since everyone loved the DIY Easter Bunny Photo Tutorial that we did, I thought it would be fun to make a custom photo card for Mother’s Day! This could, of course, be applied to Father’s Day or any other occasion as well. I have only tested this method on the desktop website of Canva.com, but if you do not have a computer or prefer to do it on Canva’s mobile app, leave me a comment below or in our Facebook Group and I will help you figure it out!
Canva Template for Mother’s Day
- Log in or sign-up for an account on Canva.com (it is free and awesome!!!).
- In the next step, I will share the template, but PLEASE make sure to copy the template before making any changes!
- Go here to see the template that I created for us to use! This is by far the easiest way to get this done in 5 minutes and to make it look like you spent hours on it… your secret is safe with me *wink!*
- Make sure NOT to edit the template!!! Before you make any edits or changes, make your own copy (as shown in the following photo).
- In order to add photos of your own kids, click on the large blue button that says “Edit design.”
- Click on “Uploads” in the dark gray sidebar on the left, and drag the photos of your kids there to upload them to the website.
- Drag a photo from the “Uploads” section to be on top of one of the letters. Drop the photo once the letter becomes outlined in blue (like in the photo below)
- Double click on the photo in the letter to adjust the size and placement. After you double click on the photo, you can drag the corners of the photo to zoom in or zoom out, as show in the following photo.
- You can also move the photo around, so that as you zoom in / zoom out, you can control the placement of your child’s face within the letter.
- Repeat this to add your photos to all of the letters in “MOM.”
- You can also edit the words “We Love You” and “To the Moon & Back” by clicking on them.
- Once you have it just right, click on the down arrow next to the word “publish” to download your photo card (as shown in the following screenshot).
- Enjoy your custom Mother’s Day photo card, which will looks something like the following (but with your adorable photos, instead of mine!).
How to Turn Letters Into Photos
Want to customize the photo even further? Maybe you want to spell the word grandma? Or moms first name? Or something else altogether? Here is how you would make this from scratch on Canva!
- Click the blue button that says “Create a design” on the main page Canva.com (after you have logged in). If you don’t have an account yet, set one up! It is free!
- Enter the dimensions you want for your photo! I entered 4032 pixels by 3024 pixels for the image we made above.
- Click on “Elements” in the dark gray sidebar on the left.
- Write “letter frame” (without the quotes) into the search bar and press enter. You will see something like what is shown in the screenshot below.
- Click on the letters that you need to spell out whatever word you would like.
- Drag the letters around and adjust their sizes, until you like the layout you have.
- Then, follow the instructions from part 1 to add photos to your letters!
- You can change the color of the background (or even use a photo for the background) by clicking on the “Background” button on the dark gray sidebar on the left.
- You can also add text, like we did with the words “We Love You” (we used Canva’s “Playlist Script” font for this) and “To The Moon & Back” in the photo above (we used Canva’s “Glacial Indifference” font for this).
- When you have everything how you like it, just download your image as explained in part 1 of this Canva Mother’s Day Card tutorial!